Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wow!

So I received a call from the hematologist at 4:30 Monday afternoon. He told me the IVIG did not work. I know it was a trial and error procedure, but 10 hr transfusion, migraine headaches and hardly any sleep! He told me that sometimes it doesn't work in some cases and since her bad antibodies (ITP) was very, very mild he was not going to try anything else right now. Her platelets have stayed in a range he is comfortable with for over a year. He wants to leave her alone and monitor her for now. She will have to have platelet transfusions for her scopes as always and like the surgeon advised, he would try another procedure if or when she needed a surgery because she will need high platelets. He said her spleen is the main issue with her platelet level. So I decided to ask him his opinion on her spleen
Considering he is the dr that her GI refers to when we ask questions about her spleen. He went over the surgeons recommendation with me and he concurred. He said that if she ever had a bleed from a varice they will need her spleen to do surgery. Since he is in the mild range with her platelets her condition is not altering her life at this point and hopefully they won't in the future. Of course there are many things that can happen and right now leaving her alone and being treated and monitored in case something happens is the best option. She has her scope this Thursday at 8:00 am.
Praying really hard that the scope goes well.

Please say extra prayers for my cousin in law's, Jenny, dad, Mr. Dennis Schaff. He is fighting in ICU and has been since last Wednesday. He is a part of my extended family and we all love him! Jenny needs him, so please while you are praying for my child say an extra prayer for Mr. Dennis!
Love,
Brandi
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment