Friday, June 1, 2012

Checking in and update






It has been a very busy few weeks. Mother's Day, end of school year, graduations, baby shower #1 and baby shower #2 planning! On the medical front, Danny and Rylee went to hematologist in early May. He released her until further notice meaning if her platelets drop extremely low (20k) or if she has to have a surgery. Her GI dr sends all of counts to the hematologist so he is updated on her counts. I'm slightly anxious about her counts right now. We are 3 weeks out until next scope and her platelet level about a month ago was 51. Though this is within her normal range, it seems slightly low to me this far out. She always has platelet transfusion before scope to boost her up, but it may take 2 units instead of one this go round. I know the signs to look for when we are in danger, so I just keep monitoring. She has started more activities since the surgeon went over activities with us. It is slightly difficult for mommy to not be nervous though. She is working out with Danny and I at the YMCA and has been swimming sometimes twice a day since school let out. She loves swimming and that is the BEST activity for her spleen enlargement. Next scope June 21st!!!
As most of you know we are awaiting the arrival of a new baby. My first niece and godchild is due to make her arrival in mid July. Her first baby shower was May 20th. It was beautiful and mommy, daddy and Lily received a lot of love! We had second shower on June 2 with family and friends. Had a fun time!






Mommy looks absolutely beautiful and all is well! I love being a mother, but being a Nanan is a def second! Lily Reese is one loved little girl to have 2 Godmothers. I will share the honor with Amy's wonderful sister Melanie. Rylee has practiced changing diapers, but only #1! She said no way to No. #2! Lol. Tomorrow is the couples shower for Chris and Amy. I can't wait to see family and host a shower for my Lily bug! I'll share pictures from the shower tomorrow!




As always, keep Rylee in your prayers!!! Love, Brandi
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment