Saturday, June 9, 2012

Very frustrated and ????

After my telephone call from the hematologist my wheels started spinning and so did my emotions. He called and tells me that Rylee's labs from a MONTH ago....May 3rd.....were positive for bad antibodies very slightly and we need IVIG before her next scope, June 21. Okay, so This is the same dr that had us wait 7 hrs to have this procedure 1 year ago on memorial day and my very patient husband went ballistic!!!!!! I want to know why he did not tell Danny these findings at the may 3 appointment and why it took a month to call us. Now before I get completely huffy puffy, I am not sure if this is a test that has to sit and grow, but still those normally take 72 hrs. I am aware that this issue is not related to her GI and he is the blood dr, but how will this effect her scope if it doesn't work? I'm just very upset that I have a hard time trusting this dr because of all of his antics and I am also very upset that I have to make this decision on what to do?!?! Hold off on IVIG, fire this dr, hire another dr and let her proceed to scope with platelet transfusion as normal or go through with IVIG and see what happens then hire another dr.? We are not even sure if the IVIG will work. Making this decision is not the position I want to be in as a parent! I am not sure if this will hurt her or help her and I hate her having to go through all of these evasive treatments to find out! So I PRAY for God to lead me in the right direction. When she was suppose to have this the first time it obviously wasn't meant to be, so when the dr called and told me this after a year of nothing in her blood my first thought was "God is telling me something!" is God telling me to find a new dr or proceed with the IVIG....that is the question. Most of the time my gut instinct as a mother is right, in this case I am not sure because I have to decide what is medically best for my child. I want for someone, anyone, to give me the answer, but I guess then it wouldn't be called motherhood! So as of right now we scheduled the IVIG for Friday. This gives us more time to talk to her GI dr, the hematologist, research, and rylee doesn't have to miss the first of her swim team practices. Missing is very important to us because she missed out, and misses out, on a lot of activities due to get spleen and procedures. Who knows what will happen between now and Friday, hopefully God will talk to me by then. I'm sure my Maw Maw would be giving me her advice, which I would follow of course. Maybe she will give me an answer from up there too. Sure do miss her a lot! I've been talking her ear off the last few days!

As always pray for Rylee! We need lots of prayers in the next few weeks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment