Tuesday, April 12, 2011

EGD Procedure Prep




April 12, 2011




Started off the morning by sending Rylee off to school. I left work half day in order to pick her up and pack for our prep at the hospital for her EGD scope tomorrow afternoon. She came home with the sweetest notes from her friend Victoria Crouchet and some friends. My child has the sweetest, most considerate friends and their parents amazingly surpass their kids! I have to mention that since the day we knew some "things" were happening with Rylee...the teachers, the administration, the support staff, students, parents......they all have been praying, supporting and have just been amazing. They want her to come back to school full time and are willing to do whatever it takes to get her back there! Covington Elementary is the best school for a reason!!!





We arrived at Children's a little after 8:00 p.m. to be admitted. We did not get to her room until 9:00 p.m. We are still waiting for the resident Dr. to check her out, her IV, her labs and her platelet transfusions to begin. I let her eat a Rice Krispie Treat just now due to her no eating after midnight rule. She is trying her hardest to keep her eyes open, but is slowly drifting. This is not going to be fun when it is time to put in the IV and she is fast asleep! The nerves are starting to kick in for me slightly. Any time your child has to be put under for a procedure it is scary and in her case there are risks for bleeding on top of low platelets. Wondering how many bands will be needed tomorrow and hoping that they are not worse.




I will post an update sometime tomorrow when I have time. It is slightly cramped in ICU room, so depending on the amount of room and outlets I have, I may not be able to post from my laptop.



I know you all will be praying for her! :)



1 comment:

  1. HI! I'm praying that the procedure goes well and Rylee can go back to school quickly. Let me know if you need anything. God has His arms wrapped around Rylee...I just know it. Love you Brandi!!

    ReplyDelete