Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School begins!!!

August 8, 2011 we entered CES for another year praying for a better year! Rylee was beyond excited to see her friends and teachers.





At school she can be a kid, just an 8 year old in class with her friends but then the reality of not being able to run and play hit and surprisingly my big girl is handling it well. It is very difficult to tell a child not to run and play at recess and trust that she is listening. We were faced with keep her in or let her go outside with limitations and watchful eyes. We opted for sunshine and eyes! She is well aware of her spleen and understands completely. She has been listening to those doctors and everyone talk when we thought she wasn't paying attention! She has a lot of catching up to do this year learning things she wasn't able to be in class to learn last year and we are pushing her really hard. We are very lucky to have yet another wonderful loving teacher. We know we will have more challenges ahead and we will face them together. Praying really hard that her body heals itself!
She had her first project due for school and it was amazing to watch her do it herself, without moms help. Very hard for me, but amazing at the same time. I have been having a hard time with my maw maw's passing and I guess my maw maw knows that. Rylee had to do a timeline of major events in her life and she chose maw maw passing as her final event. She told me when she was explaining her the event on her timeline that "it makes me sad..but I have to be strong for you mom because you miss her a lot too!" Makes me smile that she was able to bond with her great grandmother. My maw maw loved Rylee so much. It was hard on my grandmother to watch Rylee's conditions at birth and then her latest medical diagnosis. But my maw maw was strong for me! rylee was suppose to end her project with a picture of herself entering second grade, but she didn't have room and didn't want to take my maw maw's event out. I told her it was ok, whatever grade she received was fine because A is for Angel and maw maw gives her a A! I sure do think she is smiling in heaven and I hope she keeps her arms around me and Rylee! I still need her very much!





Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment