Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day before Scope Anxiety!!

Rylee's 5th scope surgery is set for tomorrow morning. I normally always get anxiety starting a few days before which progressively gets worse the day before and finally nauseated the day of the scope. Dr. Monagus' nurse, Carrie, called Monday and advised that Dr. Morales (Hematologist) will not be admitting her tonight (like the usual) for scope in the morning. Normally, we are admitted the night before in the late evening to the hematology floor to have her platelets administered for the scope the next morning. We have to be at Children's for 6:30 a.m tomorrow morning. We will go to the procedure floor(2nd floor) and they will administer her platelets before the scope. They initially scheduled the scope for 8:30 a.m. but even Carrie said that it will probably not happen until later in the morning or early afternoon due to having to do lab work, check levels, order platelet, the administering of tylenol and benadryl before platelets and then the actual transfusion. We are going to be in for a long day tomorrow. We have opted to stay at my Maw Maw's house tonight due to the time we need to be at the hospital. Bittersweet for me. I wish she was going to be there physically, but instead I will just have to be comforted knowing she will be with me in spirit. Sure do wish I could get my hugs and hear her voice right now. This is the first surgery that I will have to endure without my maw maw. I would call her immediately before and after. She was so worried about Rylee. On another note, Rylee is really excited because her cousins are right next door. She has been talking about moving in with Uncle Keith and her cousins so that she never has to stop playing with Christian. I told her that Uncle Keith really does not have the room for a 7th child in his house and she said "it's okay, I can sleep with Christian." Those two are something else and I love every minute of it! My maw maw thoroughly enjoyed watching those two play, laugh, and get into mischief! This takes her mind off of the actual reason we are going to spend the night. I will update and post the outcome of her scope tomorrow. As always, keep those prayers coming for my little angel and on a personal note....Maw Maw be with your mini moo and wrap your arms around us tomorrow and always as we travel this long road!

No comments:

Post a Comment